Jackals announce Protected ListMonday, June 04, 2012
The Elmira Jackals announced their Protected List for the 2012-2013 season on Monday. Elmira's list consists of 15 forwards and 12 defensemen.
As defined in the ECHL/PHPA Collective Bargaining Agreement, during the season and until June 15 following the end of the season, each team retains the rights to each player that:
1. Signed an ECHL contract in 2011-2012 with the respective club and has not been traded or released, OR
2. Signed a contract in 2011-2012 and was recalled to an NHL/AHL or IIHF team, and has not been traded or released, OR
3. Had received a qualifying offer last summer for 2011-2012, did not sign a contract, and has not been traded or released, OR
4. Has been suspended by the member or league, and has not been traded or released, OR
5. Signed an SPC on or after the first day of the 2011-2012 regular season, then subsequently signed an NHL/AHL contract, and has not been traded or released, OR
6. Has executed the ECHL Retirement Form, and has not been traded or released
On June 15, all ECHL teams must submit their Season Endings Rosters. The roster may include a maximum of 20 players from each team's Protected List, but cannot include any player who was qualified last summer but never signed an ECHL contract for the 2011-2012 season. Players on a team's Protected List who are not included on its Season Ending Roster will be deemed unrestricted free agents for the 2012-2013 season.
Below is the Jackals' Protected List:
Forwards: Riley Armstrong, Evan Barlow, Rob Bellamy, Jean Bourbeau, Artem Demkov, Michael Dubuc, Dustin Gazley, Kevin Harvey, Alec Kirschner, Dale Mahovsky, Tim Marks, Jordan Pietrus, Mike Radja, Kyle Reeds, Andrew Sweetland
Defensemen: R.J. Anderson, Matt Campanale, Mike Devin, Benjamin Dieude-Fauvel, Chris Frank, Mario Larocque, Tristin Llewellyn, Jimmy Martin, Craig Rivet, Jarrett Rush, David Sloane, Evan Stoflet